MADISON PROJECT UPDATE







You know how when you don't work out for a week....then another week and pretty soon it's been 6 months and you are wondering how the heck that happened!  Yeah.....same with blogging I think.  I missed Tuesday and I guess it would have been easy to to just slack off for a while but I know I would miss it so I am pushing forward to keep some normalcy around here!

Holy crap have things changed for me and everyone.....just a mere 7 months ago I was strolling along and then my husband left me....my brother in law got cancer and the world has been turned upside down in a way that I have not seen in my 68 years.

This is just insane.

But....like everyone told me....we have to move forward and keep living our lives....maybe a little differently but non the less.... maybe this is a new normal for a while.

About the only project I have worked on is the home down in Madison.  It's about 75 miles away and most of the furniture was ordered a while back.  I had it delivered about 2 weeks ago and was down there getting the curtains installed.

I am like a horse at the starting gate wanting to shop and get this place finished but that is not gonna happen right now.

Here is the furniture for the 2 new bedrooms....





But now we need accessories and this is where the sound of breaks squealing is happening because everything is closed and we are not supposed to be out and about in crowds.

Ugh.



I kept the curtains pretty neutral....there's a shocker for ya:)

The barn door got painted and through this door is a small alcove leading into a full bath.



This small area was where a soaking tub was but it was never used so it was removed....



Eventually this bench will be in there....

And wallpaper was installed.  I have always wanted to use this Scion paper and it is the cutest!

This bathroom was existing. During phase one to get it through the last 3 years....we painted the vanity and that was it.

  
Painted the mirror and just brightened it up a little....

But it got a complete facelift.  
Everything but the vanity which was just freshened up with another coat of paint.....


In the guest house bath this Schumacher paper went up and what an impact!



I ordered these round mirrors from Pottery Barn!

Also ordered these mirrors from PB for the barn bath.

This gorgeous handmade table will host many family meals.....

The outside is getting finished and hopefully soon the landscaping will happen.....

The countertops in the kitchen went in but of course no appliances yet.  How about those Currey and Co sconces?  Hubba Hubba.....





We picked up these dishes from Bed bath and Beyond.....

They were pretty reasonable and since it is a second home no need to break the bank....

On the other hand....the cutlery is amazing....


So listen.....this project is causing me sleeplessness wanting to finish.  It's what I have to look forward while planning for about a year after all that has gone down in my life.  But of course the world has changed those plans right now....

I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy.  My heart goes out to you Moms trying to keep the kids entertained....now that is a JOB!

My family is hanging in there....my BIL finally came home from 2 weeks in the hospital and he is having a scan on Monday and is scheduled for surgery on May 1st.  Fingers crossed for him.

My sister who owns a restaurant has been doing takeout and has also opened a general store offering things like toilet paper, wipes, eggs and milk etc.


I love what some customers wrote on her sidewalk!

My brother is doing better after his heart attack.

So that is all the news at my end....let me know how things are going with you guys:) 
Y'all are my lifeline....my family....my tribe!

Shacatchingup








Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement