My New Podcast: Bellingham Heat Surge, Smoke Today, the IPCC Climate Report and Big Weather Changes Next Week

 My new podcast is out, and I discuss the current smoke situation, the UW IPCC climate report, and major changes in Northwest weather for the next week.

Smoke covers the region this morning

You can listen to my podcast below or select your preferred streaming service (see bottom of blog)



In my podcast, I examine the bottom line of the new UN climate report, noting it is FAR more optimistic than many of the apocalyptic headlines you read in the media or in the pronouncements of certain politicians.

I also talk about the current smoke situation, which is peaking today over western Washington and should decline tomorrow as marine air starts to move in at low levels.  The situation at 10 AM shows very poor surface air quality over eastern WA,  moderate air quality over western WA, with better conditions along the coast (see image, purple is the worst air quality, green is the best)


Finally, I talk about the startling localized extreme heat that hit Bellingham, with downslope flow into the Fraser River Valley leading to 100F and more from Bellingham and to the northeast.   This temperature was the all-time record high at Bellingham.....an impressive record.  The map below shows the high temperatures yesterday around Bellingham (click on image to expand).


As described in my podcast, far cooler temperatures will follow next week.  Finally, for my Patreon supporters, I will be doing a special zoom session tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 AM, where I will talk a bit about the IPCC report and answer your questions.


 HTML tutorial HTML tutorial

Like the podcast? Support on Patreon

Become a Patron!






Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement